Sunday, July 23, 2006

Priceless

"What I won’t do is go to some place and try to get a cease-fire that I know isn’t going to last."
CONDOLEEZZA RICE, the secretary of state, on the fighting in Lebanon.

Excuse me, Ms. Rice, but would or would not a cease-fire prevent further deaths? Even if a cease-fire didn't last as long as you hoped it would, would it not save the lives of many humans in the meantime? Yes, it would. Even if it saved just three people (even one day's ceasefire would save hundreds of lives) - a toddler's mother, or a couple's only son, or a newlywed's husband, it would save tragedy from afflicting people. But that's just so not worth going anywhere is it?
I mean, heck, I'm just Secretary of State of the most powerful nation, but why should I fly anywhere and ask for the aggression to stop? My loved ones aren't in harm's way. My home has not been bombed - I don't see dead people I once knew as neighbors. So why should I go to some place, because the cease-fire just might save some lives for some time? Psshh.....

God, please help the oppressed, and stop the oppressors. Ameen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

amin ya Rabb!

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home